Paul Hayter UNISON Fife Health Branch Education Officer
Helps arrange training courses and education programmes for members, stewards, health and safety reps and branch officers.
The role includes:
- making sure all new stewards and reps receive information about the branch and their role;
- publicising the range of educational and training opportunities available to members and activists, and making sure that all reps go on appropriate courses;
- talking to existing reps about their ongoing training and development needs;
- organising a plan of training for activists and producing an annual budget to meet its costs;
- keeping records of what training has been undertaken and by whom within the branch;
- negotiating with the employer, along with union learning reps on issues relating to learning including time off;
- supporting and co-ordinating the work of buddies and mentors in the branch.
Link to U-Train
UNISON Learning & Organisation